Thank you for your interest in applying for the Bridge Training Program at the Glendon Campus of York University.
Before you begin your application, we wanted to give you some advice about the process and what we need from you.
The application form is eight pages, and depending on if you are prepared in advance, it should take you 10-15 minutes to complete. To complete the application form, you will need:
- A copy of your degree or your transcript
- A copy of any assessment of your credentials prepared by a recognized Canadian institution, such as WES or ICAS
- An up-to-date resume or CV outlining your work experience
- A copy of your ID confirming your immigration status and a copy of documentation proving you are able to work in Canada
- A personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you would like to pursue this program and why you would be a good candidate for the program.
You can edit or update your application form submission up until the application deadline, so you can come back and submit any documents later that you do not have on hand.
If you have not done a language test and do not have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score, you will be able to complete a Language Assessment Test at the end, which takes 2-3.5 hours to complete.
Unlike your application form, once you start the Language Assessment Test you will not be able to go back and complete it, so please give yourself enough time to complete it once you start.
The test consists of five sections:
- 1. Grammar - 5 to 40 minutes (1-4 linked sections)
- 2. Listening - 25-40 minutes (4 links of 10 questions each that increase in difficulty)
- 3. Reading - About 60 minutes (3 links - 3 reading passages, 20 minutes each)
- 4. Writing - 20-45 minutes (1 writing sample needed- 1 link)
- 5. Speaking - 5 to 15 minutes (1 audio recording needed -1 link)
You will need access to a computer with a camera and a microphone to complete the test.
If you have any questions or need any accommodations with regards to the test, please email us at email@example.com .
Thank you in advance for applying to our program. We look forward to getting to know you.
The Glendon Campus Continuing Education Department